Arriving by train
Brest can be reached by high speed train (TGV) from the Paris-Montparnasse train station (via Rennes).
There are other direct trains, from Lyon and Bordeaux, for example.
There are also coach lines:
- Ouibus, for example, has a Paris-Bercy <> Brest line and liks many other cities to Brest: Nantes, Rennes, Marseille, Toulouse etc
- Flixbus also has a Paris <> Brest line
Travel from the station to the campus
Taxis are available in front of the station. The trip takes about 20 minutes.
Public transport :
► From Brest town centre to Brest Campus
♦ Bus only:
At the Gare SNCF (Railway Station), take bus number 1 towards Fort Montbarey until the terminus (the Fort Montbarey stop), then take bus number 13 towards Plouzané-Mairie. Get off at the Technopôle stop.
♦ tram and bus :
If you prefer to travel by both bus and tram when coming from the Railway Station:
- Go to the Place de la Liberté :
- Either on foot (if you do not have too much luggage): leave the station through the covered pedestrian walkway. At the far end, keep walking to the right along Avenue Georges Clémenceau. This will take you five minutes.
- Or by bus to the Brest Liberté stop. Take either bus number 1 towards Hôpital Cavale or bus number 4 towards Hôpital Cavale.
- Then take the tram towards Porte de Plouzané until the terminus - the Porte de Plouzané stop.
- Lastly, take bus number 13 towards Plouzané-Mairie and get off at the Technopôle stop.
► From Brest Campus to Brest town centre
- At the Plouzané Technopôle stop, take bus number13 towards Fort Montbarey and get off atthe Porte de Plouzané stop.
- Take the tram towards Porte de Gouesnou-Porte de Guipavas and get off at the Liberté stop.
See www.viaoo29.fr for more information. - All you need to know on local public transport in one click (coach, bus, train, boat...).