A new generation of engineers
IMT Atlantique Bretagne Pays de la Loire - Identity:
- A new school under the aegis of the Ministry of industry and the digital sector
- A leading member of the "Institute Mines-Telecom" (IMT).
- An Elite Graduate School specialized in digital tehcnology, energy and environment (A "Grande École" in Frecnh
To contribute to economic develpment through education, research and innovation
- A new and unique broad-based engineering course, organized on several campuses.
- Trains engineers in the convergence of digital technology, energy and environment.
- Major emphasis on pedagogical innovation..
- The reseach potential ranks IMT Atlantique among the top 10 in France.
Research topics in the field of energy and digital technology:
Subatomic physics and nuclear chemistry - Energy and environment processes -
Robotics and automatic control - Simulation, modeling, optimization, coding, decision -
Design of electronic, microwave and optical functions - Implementation of fast algorithms
for complex functions - Signal and Image processing, Big Data processing - Computer Science,
Software Engineering, Cyber Security and Artificial Intelligence - Networked Systems
(communication, energy, waste, water, air) - Humanities.
A significant contribution to the research development with 6 mixed research units
(5 CNRS and 1 Inserm).
Funding of 3 ERC projects in recognition of the quality of its research (European Research Council grants),
2 academic chairs and numerous scientific awards.
DEVELOPMENT AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
- A global offer of business partnerships
- 8 industrial chairs
- 1 incubator on 3 sites (45 companies hosted, 15 new start-ups per year)
- An active contribution to regional economic development
- 51 double degree agreements
- More than 70 nationalities on our campuses
- Master’s courses taught in French and English
- 2 Erasmus Mundus programs, member of the European KIC EIT
- Digital network, project partners of KIC InnoEnergy
4 programs offered abroad (China, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Vietnam)