Departments of teaching an research
These departments play an important role in teaching and research. The lecturers constituting a department carry out their teaching in one principle area, and their research in the different laboratories and schemes/programmes.
Eight departments are situated on the Brest Campus (Electronics; IT; Image and Information Processing; Languages and International Culture; Logic of Practice, Social and Information Sciences; Microwaves; Optics; Signals and Communications), four on the Nantes Campus (Automation, CIM and IT; Social and Management Sciences; Energy and Environmental Systems; Subatomic Physics and Technologies) and one on the Rennes Campus (Network Systems, Internet Security and Digital Law).
- Automation, CIM and IT
- Information Technology
- Image and Information Processing
- Languages and International Cullture
- The Logic of Practice, Social and Information Sciences
- Subatomic Physics and Technologies
- Social and Management Sciences
- Signals and Communications
- Energy and Environmental Systems
- Network Systems, Internet Security and Digital Law