IMT Atlantique’s vision and strategy
Combining digital technology and energy science for the transformation of society and industry through training, research and innovation.
We are at the intersection of two worlds: the business world and the realm of higher education. Both of these areas are in transition, in a context of increasing globalisation: the digital revolution has led to profound transformation in society and industry. The French higher education sector must ensure its presence on the international scene, at a time when energy and environmental issues have taken on major societal importance.
We are also at the intersection of two stories: the stories of two schools created fifteen years apart. Since their beginnings they have gone on to fulfil their missions, contributing to the nation’s economic development and international influence through training,
research and innovation.
We have chosen to join forces in creating a new school, combining digital technology, energy and environmental sciences, and able to contribute to developments in industry and society by training managers (engineers, MSc, PhD) who are active agents of this transformation.
Deliberate, concerted advancement and constant forward thinking, have always been a driving force behind our dynamism, as has our relationship with the Ministry of Industry. On January 1st 2017 we created the first "Mines-Télécom" school of IMT, which became
one of the top ten engineering schools in France – a school endowed with first rate research potential. We are committed to being a multi-site school, reflecting the reality of today's world; a school deeply rooted in its local regions and able to contribute to their development; a school conscious of its environmental and societal responsibility; a school which trains managers capable of understanding and mastering complex, highly interconnected systems of the future, by combining their knowledge of systems and of the networks connecting them.
This is the vision that we wish to share with all of our stakeholders.
Six strategic orientations for IMT Atlantique Bretagne - Pays de la Loire
- To create an interactive, agile, innovative and creative school
- To train agents for change, who are recognised for:
- their scientific and technical aptitude
- their systemic understanding of societal issues
- their entrepreneurial spirit and objectivity
- their grasp of collaborative work, both in networks and remotely
- their intercultural and interpersonal skills
- their sense of responsibility
- To conduct ambitious research that responds to social issues and favours responsible economic development
- To offer companies a comprehensive partnership in our areas of expertise
- To be the benchmark establishment of French higher education on the international scene in combining energy and digital technology
- To be an example of voluntary commitment in serving our regions and to contribute to their transformation