SNEAM / NEPIA Nuclear Energy Production & Industrial Applications specializes in nuclear sciences applications including energy production (power reactors) and industrial applications (particles beams technology, instrumentation,.....). A particular focus is put on the safety and radioprotection, to be considered in the management of a large project in this field.
- Acquire basic knowledge necessary for understanding nuclear energy production (power reactors) and industrial applications, e.g. accelerators, cyclotrons...
- Develop competences in reactor operation, maintenance and safety issues including radioprotection.
- Develop competences in particles beams production and qualification.
- Develop competences in nuclear radiations applications: instrumentation, non destructive control, security...
- Develop an awareness of societal considerations related to nuclear energy production.
- Take into account societal issues related to nuclear energy production.
The Master of Science SNEAM-NEPIA starts in September and is divided into 4 semesters:
- MSc year 1 : 1 academic semester in ENSICAEN + 1 academic semester in Nantes
- MSc year 2 : 1 academic semester for specialization + 6 months Master Thesis in industry or research laboratory.
The program of the first year for the SNEAM/NEPIA program is the same as the first year for the SNEAM/ANWM and SNEAM/NUTMA