IMT Atlantique has formalised its commitment to people with disabilities by signing the Handicap Charter of the Conférence des grandes écoles and by appointing two disability referees for students.
Disability-positive actions can be grouped into seven categories:
- Making campuses accessible (multi-year action plan, diagnosis/audit of accessibility conditions for people with disabilities)
- Specific measures for students (support unit, member of the @talentEgal programme)
- Specific measures for staff (RQTH, concrete help such as work station adaptations, payment of an allowance and CESU financed by IMT)
- Disability awareness (events, poster campaigns, etc.)
- Curriculum adaptation (Sustainable development and social responsibility project, inter-semester "Initiation to sign language" module, MOOC)
- Updating of the university's sports facilities
- Use of protected sector facilities where people with disabilities work in modified working conditions
Contacts for students
- Catherine Bon, in charge of the Personalised Support Mission for Campus Life - 02 51 85 81 31
The responsibility of the Personalised Support Mission for Campus Life (Mission d'Accompagnement personnalisé à la vie scolaire) is to provide personalised support mainly in 3 situations: students with disabilities, with academic difficulties, or in complex situations (interactions between private life and university life).
Contact for staff
Françoise Mérieau, Head of Work Environment and Social Action - 02 51 85 83 61