IMT Atlantique has been listed as one of the world's leading universities.
The Times Higher Education general ranking (THE World University Ranking) published on September 26 has listed IMT Atlantique among the 400 best universities in the world (ranked 351st of 400) – a first for the IMT group. This result places IMT Atlantique as the third best engineering school in France, and the top school in Western France.
In the five areas of performance indicators, IMT Atlantique was placed as follows:
- Teaching (learning environment): in the top 50% worldwide
- Research (volume, income and reputation): in the top 50% worldwide
- Citations (research influence): in the top 50% worldwide
- International outlook (staff, students and research): in the top 25% worldwide, with an outstanding percentage of foreign students (99.8%)
- Industry income (knowledge transfer): in the top 25% worldwide