Immigration & visas


Student visa application process

Non-European students need to apply for a student visa

Before leaving your country

Please register at Campusfrance in your country several months before leaving your country in order to apply for student visa. For those who have no Campusfrance office in their country, please contact directly the French Embassy or Consulate. 
We provide admission letters to the students admitted into our programs, this document is necessary to apply for student visa. Make sure that you also have an accommodation certificate, required for visa application.

During your studies in France

  • On arrival

You have to validate your visa online (also called OFII procedure) or to apply for a residence permit.Our international service helps students for this administrative process.

  • At the end of the first year

You will have to change your one-year visa into a residence permit valid one year or to renew your current residence permit.
To extend visa after finishing studies at IMT Atlantique
After your studies at IMT Atlantique, you can apply for a temporary residence permit, called "Carte de séjour - Recherche d'emploi ou création d'entreprise". This permit allows you to stay 12 extra months in France in order to find a job.  You have to apply for this document at least 4 months before the residence permit expires, at the “Prefecture” of the city you live.
Once employment has been found, the permit becomes a full-time work permit, as long as the type of employment and the salary correspond to your degree level.