Job description of a teacher-researcher
LECTURER / ASSISTANT LECTURER
Within the framework of the orientations defined by the new school, IMT Atlantique (resulting from the merger of Télécom Bretagne and Mines Nantes), under the responsibility of the head of department, within a multidisciplinary teaching and research team and in close collaboration with the school's departments and directors, the incumbent of the position ensures the following missions:
- TRAINING :
- Design and implementation of lessons learned
- Development of pedagogical practice
- Contribution to the management of education
- Academic and partnership research activities
- Valorization of research in relation to the needs of the socio-economic world
- Dissemination of research results
- Collaborations with industry and academia as well as regional, national and international levels
- School life and development, and the assumption of transversal responsibilities
Design and implementation of lessons learned
- Provides, develops and coordinates a range of teaching in French and English
- Deploys diversified pedagogical approaches, adapted to a diverse audience, promoting confrontation with interdisciplinary problems
- Develops his/her knowledge of the industrial environment and participates in educational activities carried out in companies
- May need to support and/or coordinate a pedagogical team for the realization of the lessons.
- Participates in the analysis of training needs
- Regularly updates its teaching practice with regard to expectations and the audiences concerned.
- Ensure the consistency of his/her practice and materials with the competency-based approach (objectives, evaluation, pedagogical method)
Contribution to the management of education
- Takes responsibility for transversal activities related to the field of training: coordination of a programme, pedagogical supervision activities (projects, internships,) and tutoring, mechanisms for integrating students into training, assistance for the professional integration of students
- Develops external collaborations
Academic and partnership research activities
- Ensure and manage a set of upstream and/or applied research work in one or more disciplines
- Develops and participates in the setting up of European, national and regional collaborative projects within a recognised team and/or laboratory, in collaboration with internal and/or external partners
- Leads and coordinates projects for which he is responsible
Dissemination of research results
- Ensure the dissemination of knowledge in the scientific community (articles, books, reports, conferences...)
- Ensure the dissemination of knowledge through scientific popularization, publications, and interventions with the general public, decision-makers, economic and social actors
Valorization of research in relation to the needs of the socio-economic world
- Carries out a dynamic contractual research activity with companies, bilateral research, collaborative research, in collaboration with companies, industrial chairs, innovation activities and joint laboratories
- Enhances research activities through the drafting of patents, or the transfer of technologies or knowledge to partners, creation of start-ups
SCHOOL LIFE AND DEVELOPMENT
- Contributes to the development of academic and industrial scientific collaborations, in France and abroad, in order to develop research projects or partnerships related to teaching programs
- Participates in collective missions, integrating recommendations, rules and constraints: juries, promotion and communication actions, participation in the life of the department, transversal working groups, decision-making and advisory bodies.
- Integrates the sustainable development and social responsibility dimension into the projects entrusted to it.
TRAINING AND SKILLS:
Level of training and/or experience required:
- Doctorate with professional experience in the specific field
- Official belonging to a body recruited through the École Polytechnique or the ENA or former student of a École Normale Supérieure with professional experience > 3 years
- Highly qualified company executive with professional experience > 8 years
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teaching and research teams.
- Fluency in English and ability to teach in English
- Real skills and motivation for teaching, research and innovation.
- Ability to adapt to thematic changes.
- Ability to apply knowledge to operational or future systems