Job description of a teacher-researcher
Within the framework of the training and research orientations defined by the school, under the responsibility of the head of department, within a multidisciplinary teaching and research team and in close collaboration with the school's departments and directors, the incumbent of the position has the following tasks:
- design and implementation of training programs
- development of pedagogical practice
- contribution to educational management
- Academic and partnership research activities
- Valorization of research in relation to the needs of the socio-economic world
- Dissemination of research results
- Collaborations with industry and academia as well as regional, national and international levels
- Contribution to the life and development of the school, and assumption of transversal responsibilities
Design and implementation of lessons learned
- provides, develops and coordinates a range of teaching in French and English.
- deploys diversified pedagogical approaches, adapted to a diverse audience, promoting confrontation with interdisciplinary problems
- develops his/her knowledge of the industrial environment and participates in educational activities carried out in companies
- leads and coordinates a teaching team on the design of a training programme with a view to overall coherence (programme approach): needs analysis, relevance of teaching systems, evaluation systems
- Develops educational innovation actions.
- Shares his/her thoughts and experience with other teachers to help them in their own professional development.
Contribution to the management of education
- Takes responsibility for transversal activities related to the field of training: coordination of a programme, pedagogical supervision activities (projects, internships,) and tutoring, mechanisms for integrating students into training, assistance for the professional integration of students
- Proposes and organizes national and international training programs in line with the school's strategy.
Research and innovation activities
- Establishes and supervises one or more research teams in a significant network
- Develops, manages national and international research projects relevant to the socio-economic world, which compete with the best teams in the field and produce results whose impact is internationally recognized
- Supervise the monitoring in the scientific fields of his/her field
- Leads an internal or regional research structure
- Participates in national, European or international scientific networks and/or thematic groups (working parties) of learned societies
- Participates in commissions to evaluate or define the positioning of national, European calls for projects or research structures
- Develops a dynamic contractual research activity with companies, carries out large-scale projects (direct research, collaborative projects, industrial chair), joint laboratories
- Takes responsibility for standardization or contributes to a spin-off, or creates a significant patent portfolio or business
- Dissemination of research results Involvement in book publishing committees, journals in his field or in committees organizing scientific conferences in his field
- Ensure the dissemination of knowledge in the scientific community (articles, books, reports, conferences...)
- Ensure the dissemination of knowledge through scientific popularization, publications, and interventions with the general public, decision-makers, economic and social actors
- Constitutes and enriches the scientific orientations of the Institut Mines Telecom and the School within its field of competence
- SCHOOL LIFE AND DEVELOPMENT
- Contributes to the deployment of the international strategy, particularly through its travels abroad
- Participates in collective missions, integrating recommendations, rules and constraints: juries, promotion and communication actions, participation in the life of the department and the school, decision-making and advisory bodies.
- Lead and/or contribute to transversal projects or projects related to the deployment of the school's strategy
- Integrates the sustainable development and social responsibility dimension into the projects entrusted to it
TRAINING AND SKILLS:
Level of training and/or experience required:
- Authorization to conduct research or equivalent
- Or an official belonging to a body recruited through the École Polytechnique or the ENA or a former student of a École Normale Supérieure with professional experience > 5 years old
- Or doctorate within the framework of an international course
- Or a very high level company executive with professional experience > 13 years old
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teaching and research teams.
- Fluency in English and ability to teach in English
- Real skills and motivation for teaching, research and innovation.
- Ability to adapt to thematic changes.
- Pragmatic and able to apply his knowledge to operational systems, speaking to the needs of the socio-economic world or in the making (applied research).
- Ability to work in project mode.
- Open-mindedness, ability to self-assess.
- Interest and openness to the business world.
- Interest and openness to innovation in pedagogy.