GLAT 2021, the biennial conference of the Groupe de Linguistique Appliquée des Télécommunications, will take place from 5 - 7 May 2021
Due to the international health crisis, this conference was postponed from May 2020 in order to offer the event in an online format.
The 13th International GLAT international Congress is chaired by Catherine Sablé (Group of Applied Linguistics - IMT Atlantique, Campus de Brest, France), Mercedes Eurrutia Cavero (General Group of Applied French Linguistics - University of Murcia, Spain) and Elena Baynat (Interuniversity Institute of Applied Modern Languages– University of Valencia, Spain)
The connected world and intercultural approaches: toward a new border paradigm?
The theme of the 2021 congress, "The connected world and intercultural approaches: toward a new border paradigm?" will be examined around 5 main thematic axes:
- Applied Linguistics and ICT: new intercultural exchanges
- Interculturality and ICT: new linguistic and literary approaches
- Intercultural dialogue and ICT: Lexicology, terminology and lexicography
- Towards a new didactics of languages and cultures using ICT
- Sociological, anthropological, cultural approach in a connected world
Over 21 sessions, 73 presenters from 11 countries will represent their 48 academic institutions.
Among the contributors, you will find two members of the department of Modern Languages and International Culture (LCI).
- Wednesday 5 May - Inaugural Keynote : Alison Gourvès-Hayward, IMT Atlantique, head of the department of Modern Languages and International Culture.
« L´interculturel dans les espaces réels, imaginaires ou virtuels de l´entre-deux : utopie ou entre le marteau et l´enclume ? »
- Wednesday 5 May: Aimee Johansen. IMT Atlantique. Department of Modern Languages and International Culture .
« Accentuating the positive: Using work on accents to encourage reflection around diversity »
Find out more at GLAT 2021
by Rebecca CLAYTON BERNARD