Pracom: Cluster on Advanced Research in Communication
Pracom was created in 2006 out of the desire to provide France with a original centre for the development of communications technologies and associated systems. Combining technical means and expertise, Pracom has opened up new possibilities for long term, sustainable collaboration between a public research institute of international renown, IMT Atlantique, and the industrial sector.
Pracom's mission is to contribute to the development of future multimedia services, particularly new generation of mobile phones (5G), Internet of things (IoT), exploitation of millimetre waves for broadband connections, massive MIMO technology... In addition to these avant-garde themes, the main characteristics of Pracom are a high capacity for design combined with expertise in advanced prototyping, all within a truly original organisation.
This high quality scientific environment gives Pracom expert command over the whole chain of communication technologies, from circuits to networks, and offers us many opportunities to propose new paths for transversal and transdisciplinary development within telecommunications systems.
Pracom has directly financed 21 PhD thesis since its creation. Every year, a seminar is organised and a prospective report is produced on topical subjects :
- 2021 : Seminar on Ethics and Societal Challenges of Artificial Intelligence
- 2020 : IEEE ISCC (International Symposium on Computers and communications
- 2019 seminar on “Energy Efficient Waveforms”,
- 2018 the “17th International Conference on Ad Hoc Networks and Wireless” or a 5G seminar during the “9th International Symposium on Turbo Codes and Iterative Information Processing (ISTC). The last two prospective reports were on "Magnon-based signal processing" and "The Standardization Efforts at the IETF for the Internet of Things".
The latest prospective reports presented by the Chair focused on "Towards an autonomous, adaptive and decentralised configuration of underwater acoustic communication systems", Efficient Representations for Deep Learning », « "La magnonique", "The Standardization Efforts at the IETF for the Internet of Things, « le nez artificiel ».
Pracom is steered directly by four alternating heads of department: Signals & Communications, Microwaves and SRCD (Systèmes Réseaux, Cybersécurité et Droit du Numérique). Institut Mines Telecom, the French government, the European Union, the Brittany regional council and the departmental council of Finistère and Brest Métropole have combined their efforts to provide Pracom with the necessary means to fulfil its mission.
The members of Pracom at 01/01/2022
SAFRAN Data Systems, Turbo concept, Merce (Mitsubishi), ANRT-Maroc, Engie-Ineo, Interface Concept, MVG (Satimo)
|level 3|| |
Work is carried out by 14 research teams from the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), le Lab-STICC (information and communications science and technology) and the IRISA (Research Institute of Computer Science and Random Systems):
- ADOPNET : Advanced Technologies for Operated Networks (Irisa)
- OCIF : Objets communicants et internet du futur (Irisa)
- DIONYSOS : Analyse de sûreté de fonctionnement, d'interopérabilité et de performances de réseau (Irisa)
- EASE : Enabling Affordable Smarter Environment (Irisa)
- CODES : Codage et décodage de l'information (LabSTICC)
- CoSyDe: Communication System Design (LabSTICC)
- MATRIX : Modèles et Algorithmes pour le TRaItement et l'eXtraction de l'information (LabSTICC)
- OSE : Observations Signal & Environnement (LabSTICC)
- BRAIn : Better Representations for Artificial Intelligence (LabSTICC)
- SI3 : Sécurité, Intelligence et Intégrité de l'Information (LabSTICC)
- 2AI : Algorithm Architecture Interaction (LabSTICC)
- PIM : Propagation et Interactions Multi-échelles (LabSTICC)
- DH : Dispositifs Hyperfréquences (LabSTICC)
- NSF : NanoStructures Fonctionnelles (LabSTICC)
Chairmanship of the Chair : Samir SAOUDI