While machine learning (ML) can lead to great advancements with respect to digital services and applications in the field of medicine, the training process based on real medical patient data is blocked by the fact that uncontrolled access to and exposure of such assets is not allowed by data protection legislation. The EU-funded PAROMA-MED project aims to develop novel technologies, tools, services and architectures for patients, health professionals, data scientists and health domain businesses so that they will be able to interact in the context of data and ML federations according to legal constraints and with complete respect to data owners rights from privacy protection to fine grained governance, without performance and functionality penalties of ML/AI workflows and applications.
PAROMA-MED will develop, validate and evaluate a platform - based hybrid-cloud delivery framework for privacy- and security- assured services and applications in federative cross-border environments.
To this purpose, the project will develop new architectures, technologies, tools and services to support:
- automatic attestation of federation partners
- privacy- and security - by-design, integrating standard compliance and performance / QoS requirements into a policy framework
- consumers with their rights for opt-in / opt-out consent, portability and right to be forgotten requests, as well as transparency in access to their private-data.
- federative Identity and Access Management, based on Zero Trust principles, continuous risk assessment and on confidentiality, integrity and authenticity insurance
- privacy-preserving and trusted data - storage and - processing in federative environments
- flexible and secure access over the Internet to private-data and service resources
- AI / ML by-design, integrating platform services to be used by application developers for data-intensive applications
- Zero Touch deployment and automatic life-cycle management of services and applications
- managed Privacy and Security operations for automated policy enforcement and cyberthreat detection and mitigation
Efficiency and scalability will be insured by the implementation of cloud-native solutions, while future adoption and further development is insured by open-source implementations.
The project will validate and evaluate the PAROMA-MED framework by developing of a comprehensive Use Case with real users in the Healthcare sector.
The project will create impact on the application- creation and delivery ecosystem (including standardization and legal stakeholders), on society and environment and manage the impact via dedicated activities and communication channels
The partners :
- Germany : AGENTSCAPE AG - 6G HEALTH INSTITUTE GMBH
- Belgium : QUALTEK SPRL
- France : INSTITUT MINES-TELECOM - THALES SIX GTS FRANCE SAS - UNIVERSITE DE RENNES I
- Greece : GIOUMPITEK MELETI SCHEDIASMOS YLOPOIISI KAI POLISI ERGON PLIROFORIKIS ETAIREIA PERIORISMENIS EFTHYNIS
- Italy : ERICSSON TELECOMUNICAZIONI SPA