Do you have a Master's in research, an international Master's, from an engineering school, or an equivalent qualification from abroad? Are you interested in energy, digital technology, health and network flow management?
IMT Atlantique offers a high level research environment, made up of many industrial and academic partnerships in line with the missions of our school's researchers and teachers. You will benefit from the doctoral student dual status (employee and student), a rich intercultural setting, with quality and complementary learning and research opportunities.
IMT Atlantique offers over twenty-nine PhD specialisations.
DOCTORAL PROGRAMME AT IMT Atlantique
A three-year programme
Supervision for acquiring high level, transferable, professional scientific skills
Diverse career opportunities reflecting your qualifications
A high level, inter-cultural environment, flourishing through partnerships:
- with universities such as: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cranfield, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Polytechnique et Université de Montréal, Politecnica de Madrid, University of Barcelona, and many more.
- with companies such as: Orange Labs, Airbus, DCNS, Air Liquide, EDF, AREVA, Séché Environnement, BNP Paribas, Thales, Mitsubishi, ST Microelectronics, to name just a few.
the dual status of doctoral students
A doctoral student is both an employee, under doctoral contract with IMT Atlantique or a company (through the CIFRE (French Industrial Research Training Convention) of the ANRT (French National Association for Technological Research) plan), and a student.
IMT Atlantique offers its doctoral students the opportunity to carry out additional complementary activities, in accordance with the French by-law n°2016-1173 of August 29 2016 in the context of the by-law of May 25 2016 concerning doctoral studies. Doctoral students enrolled in higher education establishment receive personalised scientific and professional supervision backed by the associated doctoral school. IMT Atlantique doctoral students must be highly motivated and passionate about the topic of their thesis and its context, in order to maintain their commitment throughout the programme, which leads to diverse career opportunities.
IMT Atlantique - 29 PHD spEcialiSATIONS
Since 2008, IMT ATLANTIQUE is authorised to deliver the PhD diploma in the twenty-nine specialisations covered by the accreditation of its five inter-regional doctoral schools.
1. MathSTIC: Mathematics and Information and Communication Sciences and Technologies
- Disciplinary fields: Mathematics and their interactions; Information and communication science and technology
2. SPI: Engineering Sciences
- Disciplinary fields: Engineering Sciences
3. 3M: Matter, Molecules and Materials
- Disciplinary fields: Physics; Chemistry
4. SML: Marine and Coastal Sciences
- Disciplinary fields: Earth and Universe Sciences, Space
5. EDGE: Economics and Management Sciences
- Disciplinary fields: Social Sciences
By studying at IMT Atlantique, doctoral students attached to the SPI doctoral school can obtain a double European "erasmus mondus" PhD, known as the EMJD SELECT programme.