IMT Atlantique is one of the top 10 engineering schools in France, and one of the top 400 universities in the world in THE World University Ranking. It is a general engineering grande école financed by the Ministry of Industry and Electronic Communication, and the first Institut Mines Télécom "Mines-Telecom" school, founded on January 1st, 2017 from the merger of Mines Nantes and Télécom Bretagne.
IMT Atlantique is:
- a school with first-rate research potential, internationally recognized for its research (present in 4 disciplines in the Shanghai, QS and THE rankings).
- a resolutely multi-site school reflecting the world in which we live. A school with a strong local presence, and a commitment to contributing to local development
- a school which is aware of its environmental and societal responsibility. In 2019 it was awarded the sustainable development & social responsibility accreditation.
- and finally, a school that trains executives capable of understanding and mastering the complexity of the highly interconnected systems of the future, by combining their knowledge of the systems with that of the networks that link them.
Contributing to economic development
through training, research and innovation
- A new, unique, multi-site general engineering course. Recruitment from the joint Mines-Pont competitive entrance exam (The first intake will graduate in November 2021)
- Higher Education at the crossroads of digital, energy and the environment, built around the student's career objective and companies' needs.
- Other courses: masters of science, post-master degree, apprenticeship engineering, doctoral program.
- Innovative pedagogy
- Research potential that places the school among the top 10 in France and the top 400 universities in the world (ranking)
- The school draws on research excellence in its flagship areas and by linking scientific fields to meet the challenges of tomorrow, focusing on : cyber security, nuclear and interactions, digital transformation, environmental transformation, industrial transformation, energy transformation, health of the future and fundamental research.
- An exemplary contribution to the development of research in the region through its involvement as a coordinator in 6 joint research units (5 CNRS and 1 Inserm).
- Recognition of the quality of its research with the funding of 3 ERC (European Research Council grants) projects, 2 academic chairs (French research consortiums) and numerous scientific prizes.
Development and corporate relations
- A global offer of partnerships with companies
- 13 industrial, research and teaching chairs (French research consortium)
- 1 business incubator on 3 sites (40 start-ups)
- An active contribution to local economic development
- More than 50 dual degree agreements
- More than 70 nationalities on our campuses
- Master's level teaching in both French and English
- Erasmus Mundus accredited
- 5 international training programs (China, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Vietnam, Senegal)
- 3 campus: Brest - Nantes - Rennes + 1 Toulouse site
- 3 main areas of expertise: digital, energy and the environment
- 1,811 students, including 1,372 engineers and 273 doctoral students engaged in high-level training courses.
- 697 graduates/year from the engineering degree to doctorate level
- 753 staff, including 500 permanent employees
- 260 teacher-researchers and permanent researchers on our campuses, including 110 who are accredited to supervise research
- 848 publications/year, of which 390 are "rank A".
- 69 M€ budget including 27 M€ of own capital including 18 M€ from research contracts
The creation of this new school has received the active support of its historical partners, the local authorities: the Regional Council of Brittany and Pays de la Loire, and the metropolitan areas of Brest, Nantes and Rennes. The project has also received ERDF support to the tune of €235 000 for the equipment needed to set up teaching across campuses.