Social Security and Insurance

New for 2018 : changes to Student Social Security & the new Campus Life Contribution (CVEC) charge

Texte

 Social Security Cover
 

For the 2018-2019 academic year, the annual affiliation procedure for student health and social security is no longer necessary and the corresponding €217 annual contribution has been abolished.

What this means:

  • If you already were a student in 2017-18 and are continuing your studies in 2018-2019:

No change for you in 2018-2019, whether you are a national or international student.

You remain registered with your student mutual insurance company, which managed your social security in 2017-2018 but you no longer have to pay social security contributions.

On 31 August 2019, you will automatically be attached to the CPAM (Caisse primaire d'assurance maladie, Health insurance Office) of your place of residence.

A tip -  Remember to update your information (postal address, RIB, attending physician) on your Ameli account.

 

  • If you are a foreign student enrolling for the first time in a French higher education institution in 2018-2019:

You must register online for social security in France on the dedicated website: ameli.fr

Attention: this site, available in French and English, will only be open from 1 September 2018

 

  • Are you a foreign student from a member state of the European Union or Switzerland?

    You remain affiliated to the social security system of your country and are not obliged to join the CPAM (Caisse primaire d'assurance maladie) of your place of residence.

    Complementary Health Insurance

    Basic Health Insurance reimburses you 70% of your health expenses, provided you consult your attending physician first. In order to complete your reimbursements, you can take out a complementary health insurance which will cover the remaining 30%.

 The Campus Life Contribution (CVEC)                      

Since the start of the 2018 academic year, students in classical engineering training or apprenticeship training will be required to pay the new " campus life contribution". This charge has been introduced in order to  support students' integration as well as their social, cultural, health and sports services on campus.

The amount for the year 2018/2019  is fixed at 90 euros.


All students must provide proof of payment of this contribution before their enrolment at IMT Atlantique.

You will be able to pay (payment or exemption) from July 1st at:  cvec.etudiant.gouv.fr/

To save time, you can now create your account at: messervices.etudiant.gouv.fr.

For more information, consult the digital portal of student life  and services