Tomorrow's medicine will be preventive, predictive, personalized and participatory (4P medicine). Health technologies and digital technology make a significant contribution to improving medical performance and provide health professionals with opportunities in terms of:
- innovative medical devices,
- robust methods of information processing and analysis to assist in diagnosis, treatment and patient follow-up.
The Health Engineering theme aims to train engineers, who will be key players in the medicine of the future, and to ensure that they are capable of understanding the challenges and issues which arise in the medical field. Learners will acquire knowledge throughout the care pathway, from sensors to health data analysis, including information processing, health information systems, safety, and regulatory and economic aspects. Engineers from this theme will develop technical (hardware and software) and managerial skills that will enable them to better understand this constantly evolving sector thanks to emerging technologies, and to be a force for innovation.
Disciplines at the heart of the theme
This theme is transversal and addresses: signal and image processing, mathematics, economics & SHS, electronics & physics, IT & networks
Opportunities and possible careers
- Biomedical engineer,
- Research and Development (R&D) Engineer,
- Health Information Systems Engineer,
- Health Data Manager,
- Medical device designer,
- Data security engineer,
- Consulting engineer, health consultant,
- Business engineer,
- Project manager,
- Nuclear medicine engineer,
- Medical physicist.
- Research and development centres
- Major international industrial groups
- National SMEs
- Local SMEs
Brest & Nantes Campus