Engineers who have followed both Energy and Environmental Transitions majors will develop scientific and technical skills for managing large-scale projects in response to energy and environmental issues in complex situations combining political, legal, economic and social considerations. The theme will enable engineers to acquire or improve their skills in modeling energy systems and eco-processes, with a view to optimising a research and development approach.
Keywords: energy systems, eco-technologies, modeling, functional analysis, optimization, management, control, socio-technical systems.
Opportunities and possible careers
In addition to the professions listed in the Energy and Environmental Transitions (A) major, this theme aims more specifically to train engineers in the field of research and development.
- R&D engineer: design, model, simulate and even experiment with energy transformation or liquid waste processing systems; propose solutions suited to the problems of air, water, waste, polluted soils...
- Researcher in the field of energy and environmental transitions
- It is also a good basis for students who want to go on to doctoral-level studies.
- Large companies with a research and development department
- Engineering and consulting firms
- Public or private organizations and laboratories