January 2021 intake
M1 or M2
Supply chain and transport management
Supply Chain management is concerned with the global management of physical, information flows for the elaboration of products, going from raw materials and suppliers through the production and distribution system down to the final consumers and transport activities play a key role in the organization of the system.
It’s development relies on permanent search and adoption of innovations in many disciplines relative to engineering or management. Managers or supply chains or executives holding positions on related areas are permanently challenged with the development of innovative projects and the search for progress. New challenges have been introduced by the globalization of the economy and the new context of sustainable development.
The design, planning and optimization of global supply chains and their components (procurement, production, distribution and transport) has become a key factor of performance competitiveness for companies of all sectors in the increasingly competitive global economy. The program covers the logistics activities of companies in both production and service sectors.
The "Msc Management of production, logistics and procurement, track Management and Optimization of Supply Chains and Tranport" program's aims to give a competitive edge to students and young professionals interested in industrial engineering and engineering management with a high emphasis on quantitative methods for decision making in the field of supply chain and transport management and optimization, by providing:
- the high-level technical and management skills necessary for the management of supply chains and logistics and transport systems for the productive or service sectors;
- an advanced training in Operations Research and Decision making techniques applied to supply chain management;
- an in-depth knowledge of industrial systems operations management, production, transport and logistics in all sectors of economic activity;
- the ability to manage complex innovative projects in an international environment;
- the opportunity to put into practice the theoretical concepts in a real industrial environment or conduct a research project aimed at developing innovations in the area;
- the chance to learn the French language and acquire the French culture;
- the opportunity to enter a high level carrier in industry or to continue for the preparation of a doctoral thesis.
As global competition becomes stronger and the demands of all sectors of the market continue to grow in terms of technology as well as price and service, companies needs managers, industrial engineers and professionals who can operate effectively across the Management / Technology interface that characterizes supply chains.
The Supply Chain Manager must therefore be competent in all the technical, economic and human aspects of a complex process. In particular, he must be responsible for the design and optimization of a product or a complex system throughout its lifecycle. The concepts of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management taught within the program are essential for the design and development of global supply chains as well as logistics, production transport and service systems for all sectors of the economy.
Participants must hold an initial background in engineering or science. Graduates in economics or management or other fields may also be admitted provided the hold a strong background in quantitative methods. No prior “major” area of specialization is required. Participants holding a first industrial experience are particularly welcome.
- A two year Master of Science English taught program fully accredited by the French Ministry of Education and consistent with the European LMD educational system.
- Possibility to join the program at year 1 or year 2 depending of background and experience.
- Master’s degree program offered by IMT Atlantique - Nantes campus – Department of Industrial Engineering, Automatic Control and Computer Science.
Important notice: all information is indicative and subject to change without notice