M1 or M2
100% English taught program
12,000 € Euros/year
Scholarships opportunities for : Excellent profiles, Alumni from our partner universities, European citizens...
NE/ANWM - Advanced Nuclear Waste Management specializes in nuclear waste management. It develops fundamental scientific, technical and industrial knowledge, has a particular focus on the backend of the nuclear fuel cycle, nuclear waste management, long-term safety and environmental impact assessment and provides strong insights on dismantlement and decommissioning of nuclear installations.
The master forms engineers exposed to a highly complex scientific environment where technical expertise is omnipresent in the field of nuclear waste management. The program provides:
- The scientific knowledge necessary for nuclear waste management and the capability to understand how to assess long-term safety and environment impacts.
- The competencies to master the operational techniques and strategies for the management of nuclear waste.
- The appropriate solutions according to the type of waste through project work in industry.
- The possibility to build contacts with a large number of international key players in the field.
- The competencies to master dismantlement and decommissioning of nuclear installations.
- Societal considerations in the management of nuclear waste with regard to the public acceptance.
Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering by Abdesselam Abdelouas
Abdesselam Abdelouas is a professor in radiochemistry at IMT Atlantique, working in the Subatech department.