SARENA / RWMD - Radioactive Waste Management & Decommissioning specializes in nuclear waste management and decommissioning. It develops fundamental scientific, technical and industrial knowledge on the nuclear fuel cycle with a special regard to the diversity of wastes generated, questions of non-proliferation, long-term safety assessment and environmental impact. Furthermore, it provides strong insights on dismantlement and decommissioning of nuclear installations as well as on Human & Organizational Factors of Safety.
The master trains engineers exposed to a highly complex projects where technical and organization expertises are omnipresent in the field of nuclear waste management. The program provides:
- The scientific and technical knowledge necessary for managing nuclear waste projects taking into account the issue of long-term safety and environmental impacts.
- The competencies to master the operational techniques and strategies for the whole project lifetime.
- The technical and industrial solutions appropriate to each type of projects.
- The possibility to build contacts with a large number of international key players in the field.
- The competencies necessary for dismantlement and decommissioning of nuclear installations.
- The competencies to take into account the Human & Organizational Factors of Safety of waste management as well as social acceptance.