Administrative procedures and travel information


Student visa application process

Non-European students need to apply for a student visa

Before leaving your country

Please register at Campusfrance in your country several months before leaving your country in order to apply for student visa. For those who have no Campusfrance office in their country, please contact directly the French Embassy or Consulate. 
We provide admission letters to the students admitted into our programs, this document is necessary to apply for student visa. Make sure that you also have an accommodation certificate, required for visa application.

During your studies in France

  • On arrival

You have to validate your visa online (also called OFII procedure) or to apply for a residence permit.Our international service helps students for this administrative process.

  • At the end of the first year

You will have to change your one-year visa into a residence permit valid one year or to renew your current residence permit.
To extend visa after finishing studies at IMT Atlantique
After your studies at IMT Atlantique, you can apply for a temporary residence permit, called "Carte de séjour - Recherche d'emploi ou création d'entreprise". This permit allows you to stay 12 extra months in France in order to find a job.  You have to apply for this document at least 4 months before the residence permit expires, at the “Prefecture” of the city you live.
Once employment has been found, the permit becomes a full-time work permit, as long as the type of employment and the salary correspond to your degree level.


Travel information

Book your plane and/or train ticket to France

Coming to France by plane

If you come from outside Europe, you will probably have to transit through Paris airports.
There are 2 main airports in Paris: Paris-Orly (South of Paris) and Paris-Charles de Gaulle (North-East part of Paris). You can arrive either to one or the other and then take a domestic flight to the city nearby the campus you are registered in. 

Reaching your campus by train 

  • From Paris CD Airport

There is a train station just under Paris CDG airport. After landing at CDG airport, you can complete your journey to your campus by train. From CDG airport, you just have to follow the direction “TGV” (high speed train). There are many high-speed trains (TGV) each day from Paris to Brest, Nantes and Rennes. 

  • From Orly Airport 

If you have landed at Orly airport and need to take the train to your campus, it is more convenient to go to the train station located in the city center of Paris, called “Montparnasse”.

  • From Paris city center

If you plan to spend a few days in Paris before going to IMT Atlantique campuses, you can take the train from Paris Montparnasse train station, it is located in the heart of Paris. You can access this train station from anywhere in the city by metro/subway.

Check the train schedule on the SNCF website.