IMT Atlantique has made a name for itself this year in the QS World University Ranking by Subject 2022 with excellent results and great progress in Computer Sciences & Information Systems, ranking 140th in the world and 5th in France. The school move up 90 places in "Engineering & Technology" and stepped into the running in a new field, "Statistics & Operational Research".
In the ranking by discipline - QS by Subject 2022 - IMT Atlantique is ranked in:
- Computer Sciences & Information Systems: 140th in the world and the 5th French institution! (2021 results: 151-200th in the world and 6th in France)
- Engineering and Technology: IMT Atlantique climbs 90 places compared to 2021! 236th in the world and 8th in France (2021 results: 326th in the world/12th in France)
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering: IMT Atlantique joins the 201-250 category in the world and 7th in France. (Results 2021: 251-300 worldwide and 9th in France)
- Physics & Astronomy: IMT Atlantique moves from the Top 500 to the Top 400! From 351 to 400 in the world and 15th in France. (2021 results: from 501-500 worldwide and 19th in France)
- Statistics & Operational Research: IMT Atlantique is included for the first time in the 201-230 category worldwide and is ranked 9th in France.
"Since IMT Atlantique's entry into the QS World University Ranking by Subject four years ago, we have steadily increased our global and national ranking," says Paul Friedel, President of IMT Atlantique. We are proud of this recognition for our school, our faculty, staff, graduates and students who make IMT Atlantique what it is today!
The QS World University Rankings is one of the 3 most reputable university rankings in the world, along with the Times Higher Education and ARWU - Shanghai rankings.
The subject-specific university rankings are compiled annually to help students identify the best universities in a particular subject area. The QS rankings are based primarily on academic reputation, employer reputation, research output and student/faculty ratio.
Learn more about the QS World University Ranking by Subject: the 2022 edition of the ranking, published by Quacquarelli Symonds.
by Pierre-Hervé VAILLANT